6 Things To Remember When Travelling With Your Dog


Pet Passport Information
The Internet's most complete source of information for traveling with your pet anywhere in the World by car, train or air.
Official USDA Certification

All EU Countries as well as many other Countries now require that a veterinarian certificate issued in the United States have an official USDA Certification stamp.

This certification is issued by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) APHIS (Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service) VS (Veterinary Services) Area Office in the State in which your accredited veterinarian resides

The following is the procedure for acquiring this certification.

Have an accredited veterinarian complete the veterinary health certificate for the Country you are visiting, which if you are traveling to an EU Country is the new EU FORM 998. If you do not have the forms for the country you are traveling to or need the EU FORM 998, CLICK HERE.

The accredited veterinarian will complete the form including vaccination information and that the pet is parasite free and in good health. The accredited veterinarian must then sign it. Take or mail the original of the form to the USDA/APHIS/VS Area Office in your state and they will endorse and stamp them. The fee is $35 per form...more than 1 animal can be listed on a form. If your vet uses separate forms for each animal, it will be $35 per form. For countries where there is a titer or blood tests the cost is $111.00.

If the Area office is not located nearby, you can send the forms by mail.
Include: The original of the form
Payment in the amount of $34.00 or $141.00 per form (see above).
A self-addressed, stamped envelope for returning the form to you.

Each state has a USDA/APHIS/VS area veterinarian. You can find the nearest office here: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/area_offices/

Public inquiries should be directed to the nearest APHIS/VS Area Office. The number is (301) 734-8364.